- Click here to view the 2020-2021 student handbook.
Tardy to Class Policy:
- Students are considered tardy if they are not in their seat when the bell rings.
- Students are considered tardy if they are not more than 5 minutes late to class. If students are more than 5 minutes late, they will be referred to their administrator for truancy. This does not count towards the tardy total.
- Teachers will record tardies into Infinite Campus.
- Tardy totals will start over at zero at the beginning of a new semester.
- 1st tardy: Teacher conferences with student about the tardy.
- 2nd tardy: Teacher conferences with student and contacts parent/guardian.
- 3rd tardy: Teacher conferences with student, contacts parent/guardian, and informs parent/guardian that the student will receive disciplinary action if more tardies occur.
- 4th tardy: Teacher emails the student’s name to administrator for disciplinary action.
- 5th tardy: Teacher emails the student’s name to administrator for disciplinary action.
- 6th or more tardies: Teacher submits a referral to administrator for further disciplinary action.
Being Prepared Policy:
- All students will enter each class prepared with agenda, paper and writing utensil
- Students can buy a pencil, agenda, paper from administration at the beginning of the school day if necessary.
- Students who are not prepared with their supplies at the beginning of class will be assigned a detention.
Passes Out of Class Policy:
- All students will be given 3 passes per class per quarter.
- No student will be allowed out of class the first 10 minutes or the last 10 minutes unless it is an emergency situation.
Cell Phone Policy:
- From 7:30 – 3:15 the expectation is that phones should BE OFF & NOT VISIBLE.
- If phone is out in class students will be asked ONLY ONCE to put it away. If they do the matter is over.
- If the phone isn’t put away or is out again during class, the student must give the phone to the teacher. The teacher will give the phone to the student’s administrator.
- If students refuse to give the phone to their teacher or administrator, the student will be sent to the administrator
- 1st offense – student may retrieve phone at the end of the day from administrator
- 2nd offense – parent may pick up phone within 24 hours, or student can after 24 hours
- 3rd offense – parent may pick up phone within 48 hours, or student can after 48 hours
If having a phone out in class continues to be a problem further disciplinary actions will apply
Tardy to School:
- Students are tardy to school if they are not in their first period class when the bell rings at 7:30
- Attendance paraprofessional records student tardies into Infinite Campus with the time they check in.
- Total minutes tardy accumulate all year into days absent
- 1st – 5th tardy: Attendance paraprofessional records tardy into Infinite Campus along with the time the student checks in at the attendance window.
- 6th – 10th tardy: Attendance paraprofessional records tardy into Infinite Campus and refers student to Attendance Assistant for a conference. A parent contact will also be made regarding the tardies to school.
- 11th tardy and any thereafter: Attendance paraprofessional records tardy into Infinite Campus and informs the student’s administrator. The student will meet with an administrator for a conference regarding the excessive amount of tardies. Disciplinary action may occur.